Thanks for taking the first step to contributing to our site. Our mission is to bring the highest quality tutorials to designers and developers and we’re excited you want to be a part of that. If you are looking to just contact us with a question or say hi, visit the contact us page.
If you have experience in your field, know your topic well, and are a good writer, you could be a perfect fit!
Why Write for Scotch.io?
The amount of compensation depends on the expertise, length, and quality of the content.
We promote your article relentlessly.
We hold high standards when it comes to our content, just like yourself.
We’ll help you through the process to make sure we come up with content high enough for yours and our standards.
What We Generally Want
You can get a good feel about how we write and what we are looking for by browsing the site. We like to push topics that are about moving development forward. Definitely standards based things, new languages and techniques, and overall impressive demos.
- We try to avoid “Top 10” articles (unless you have a really good topic)
- We really like “Build ______ with ______” articles (e.g. Build a Time-Tracker with Laravel and Angular)
- Use working demos (CodePen/Plunkr/JSBin/etc)
- Use images to demonstrate
- Videos are encouraged to accompany a full written tutorial
Topics We’re Looking For
- General Dev News
- Servers and Hosting
How to Get Started
Getting started is easy. We can’t wait to see what great content you want to publish.
- Apply with the form below.
- We’ll upgrade your account to author status and email you if approved.
- Write and publish through The Pub.
- Get published and get paid!