Library Vs Framework
Table of Contents
AngularJS is probably the most popular open-source framework used by the developers for developing web applications and application program interfaces (APIs). There are versions after version released for AngularJS and different versions use different attributes. The current version of Angular has been known for providing the developers with transparency, different attributes, and custom HTML elements for their functionality on numerous DOM elements. Its directives are versatile and are currently maintained by Google. Google uses it in Google Fiber and AdWords and it is unlikely to go outdated. It uses model view software architecture which benefits the developer as it automatically operates the suitable code for every browser as we know that Angular is cross-browser compliant. It has the ability to offer versatile out-of-the-box solutions as well as designs.
ReactJS comes with numerous features and functionalities that help the developer with transparency and profitability;
3. Simpler framework: The application program interfaces (APIs) in ReactJS are simpler and uncomplicated and thus, it proves to be a cakewalk for the developers for understanding the complex concepts easily.
Compared to ReactJS, Angular framework comes with numerous features that are available to developer:
1. Two-way data binding: AngularJS is designed in such a manner that any modifications or changes made are automatically updated in the system as well as user interface and vice-versa.
2. Model View Controller: The basic principles behind the model view controller software architecture are incorporated by AngularJS.
- Model- the object carrying the data is represented by the model.
- View- visualization of the data present in the model is represented by the view.
- Controller- controller holds the attributes of both model and view where the model object is controlled into the model object and the view is updated when the data is modified keeping the model and view separated.
3. Dependency Injection: The dependency injection plays an important role where the developer doesn’t have to look and search for dependencies as it will let you request for it to obtain it.
4. Directives: Custom widgets in the web applications are made with the help of directives.
5. Community Support: Being an open-source front-end web application framework, AngularJS enjoys the support of global users or developers. This community of individuals addresses the challenges faced in creating apps using this framework. Developers, using Angular, across the world, discuss about the various issues faced and also strive to solve them. They collaborate and give their contribution to improve the functionalities of this framework. This not only increases trust in the framework but also makes it the most reliable one.
PATTERNS, LANGUAGES, and PARADIGMS
JSX, Redux, and Flow are the most important components when we talk about ReactJS.
2. Redux: To manage the state changes in a proper manner, ReactJS uses Redux library. It is an ideal version of Flux but with further simplifications. With Redux, the state of the application in full is represented as a single entity. These single entities are transformed using the reducers. Reducers are the functions which are implemented differently for different components. Most of the developers use Redux for carrying out medium and large-scale projects as it provides with the required flexibility to handle high functionalities.
RxJS and TypeScript are the most important components of Angular.
1. RxJS: To handle the asynchronous events and operations in the programming language, the developer uses a reactive programming library called RxJS. The Iterator and Observer patterns combine together with functional programming to create RxJS. Numerous operations like merging, splitting, filtering and mapping can be easily performed using RxJS as it treats a component as a continuous stream of values. RxJS comes in handy for the developer when they work with continuous data streams like web sockets.
REACTJS ADVANTAGES & DISADVANTAGES
Subcomponent rendering is an essential part of any framework and ReactJS enables HTML quotes with the help of JSX syntax and uses this HTML tag for rendering the subcomponents. This syntax helps the framework to create machine-readable code.
ReactJS is JS-centric, which makes it far more simple and consistent. On the other hand, AngularJS is HTML-centric.
- With the help of prompt rendering, the developer can easily access the Document Object Model operations.
- ReactJS Disadvantages:
- The ReactJS library is known for using both architecture and structure from the Flux and this makes it a challenge for the beginners to handle the operations.
ANGULAR ADVANTAGES & DISADVANTAGES
- Angular Advantages:
It has the support of individuals, at the global level, who are using the framework. This helps the developers in getting assured about the credibility of the framework because if he or she faces any issues then the community is there to help the developer out.
- Angular is two-way data bind which means that any modification or changes made are synced inside the model and view.
- Angular Disadvantages:
The security of the applications developed using Angular framework is compromised and you can’t rely on it.
- The main shortcomings of AngularJS is it is difficult to learn and is complex even after the fact that there is a detailed manual for it.
React and Angular offer unique approaches towards web app development for startups, small and medium scale businesses. Both the frameworks are different in so many ways and the developers opt for the framework depending on the type of his/her project. Before starting a new project, you can check the attributes of both the frameworks to get the gist of the compatible framework for your project.