The ASP.NET MVC just got better with the MVC4. The version may have come some time back, but it is still remains as popular as ever. The MVC4 provided a framework for developers to build standard-based web applications that were both scalable and powerful. But what made it so popular were the innovative augmentations it brought.
These are some of the features that make ASP.NET MVC 4 so popular:
Speed: The MVC4 got faster with impressive speed for both the developer and the client. This speed was the result of the removal of the ViewState variable that closed the system by storing page state info, decreasing page size.
New project templates: The ASP.NET MVC 4 has a couple of new templates — Web API template and mobile application template. The Web API Template is used for HTTP services. The template is accessible across platforms — from desktops, mobiles to tabs. It also allows developers to install the RESTFul architecture within the MVC application. Mobile application template is a more mobile specific template, supporting pure mobile ASP.NET MVC web applications.
Enhanced Web API: The Web API mentioned above has many impressive features, including:
- With a more modern programming, it directly accesses the HTTP requests and manipulates them.
- It supports all the capabilities of ASP.NET Routing.
- It supports various filters. Developers can also author their own plug-ins.
- The Web API supports to different formats, providing developers better flexibility with content.
- It helps in the easy extraction of data from HTTP requests. These are then translated into .NET objects that can then be used by the Web API actions.
- It allows for improved and faster testing of the Web API functionality.
- The Web API configuration is code-based. This means your configuration files are clean.
- It can be hosted in your own process
- It has a lighter monitoring architecture that can easily be integrated with existing monitoring structures like Systems Diagnostics.
SEO friendly: Microsoft traditionally has not been so easy when it came to creating SEO friendly URLs. The .aspx extension had to be removed through a handler or a pre-built library and a more SEO-friendly url had to be rewritten. With the MVC4 Microsoft has addressed this prickly issue.
Access to open source libraries: The ASP.NET MVC 4 gives developers access to a wide range of open source libraries, such as DotNetOpenAuth and JSON.Net.
Bundling and minification: The framework provides for bundling and minification, which will reduce requests by HTTP. Bundling combines multiple files in a single file, while minification minimises unnecessary add-ons by code optimisation.
In short, MVC bundling groups specific files together and minifies them. This compressed file is sent to the end user browser. This compact file is light and faster to load.
Ajax: The Ajax support in MVC is one of its best features. It enhances end user experience by making updates and posts easy to carry out. Not only is it simple, it can also take on extra load, making scalability no problem.
Hope you understend the instances shared by experts, you can hire .net developers India for developing a web application in less time.